Mardi Himal Base camp Trekking which is arranged North West from Pokhara and east from Annapurna Base Camp trekking route which is another most unbelievable trekking goal of Nepal. Mardi Himal base camp trek is a concealed pearl yet. Scarcely any trekkers advance toward the Mardi Himal Base Camp remarkably situated at the base of Mardi Himal and the Annapurna district's most notorious mount Machapuchhre actually signifying "Fishtail". The path comes little twisting ways, through charming rhododendron woodlands until you move out of the backwoods at a rise around 3,300 meters. The scene changes unexpectedly into a tough high mountain scene, with stunning perspectives on Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South, and Hiunchuli.
From Mardi Himal High Camp (3720m; a few maps erroneously notice 3950 m) you can move up to Mardi Himal Base Camp/high camp in around 3-4 hours, which offers astounding close-up perspectives on the whole Annapurna Range. There are straightforward guesthouses and a lot of homes remain along the whole course. Adventure International Trekking's Guide, sherpa, or Porter will take you from Pokhara to Kande drive by car and trekking start with a beautiful terrace and mountain views follow potana village and base camp of Mardi Himal and trek descend to siding village where we transported by jeep to Pokhara. Hence, In the event that you are not happy with this schedule or price that you need to tweak this option on your timetable or financial plan, please don't hesitate to contact us Email to [email protected]
- 01Drive to Kande and trek to Deurali (2200m, about 4 hours trek) After breakfast drive an hour to Kande and commence your trek at Kande the elevation of 1770 meters. 1.5 Hours climb up takes to beautiful hamlet of Australian Camp at the altitude of 2100m. The trail to Australain camp from Kande is up hill and pleasant easy walk up to Pothana from there, enjoy nice view of Fishtail and annapurna south and it is gradual walk up to Deurali (2200m) about 2 hours where you stay in a tea house lodge for the first night. It is an easy start for the first day.
- 02Trek to Low Camp (2,900m);7 hours walking. From Deurali; turn off main Annapurna Sanctuary trail and take an off the beaten pathl to Mardi Himal Base camp to the right side and continue along a quiet trail through a dense forest of oak, maple, hemlock and rhododendron. Some 4.5 hours of jungle walk will bring us at the in a clearing of the forest at Forest Camp or also known by the locals as Kokar, here we take a lunch break then we still continue to up to Low Camp through the forest however as we ascend the vegetation starts to change with more rhododendron and the trees are covered with moss, lichen and tree ferns. At Low Camp there are now four lodges. You may find it long and tough day. It is fine for regular fit trekkers, if you are beginner or moderate trekker then you can split the day and total trek will be 7 days while our pre-set itinerary is 6 days. Overnight in Low Camp
- 03Trek to High Camp (3585m) 5-6 hours trekking. 1.5 hours climb the through rhododendron forest takes us to Middle camp then to Badal Danda offers stunning view of Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, Hiuchuli, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre and Mardi Himal itself. An hour or so above Low Camp the trail breaks out above tree line and towards the west there is a good view to Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. The trail continues along the Mardi Himal ridge mainly on grass with some isolated rhododendron bushes along the way. Look out for the colourful Danphe pheasant on this section of the trail. The lodge at High Camp is larger than lodges at Low Camp and Forest Camp, this one has eight rooms and a separate dining room with heater. The view from the lodge is superb to Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
- 04Hike Mardi Himal BC (4500m); back to Middle Camp (3200m) The plan for today is to wake early for sunrise view of the mountains then after an early breakfast walk up the ridge towards Mardi Himal Base Camp. There is a well-established trail through the grass with a couple of steeper sections however overall not too challenging. Look out for the dzokpo (yak/ cow crossbreds) grazing up here as well as Danphe pheasant. In the summer the sheep and goats from lower villages are brought up to graze in this area so you will pass a number of herder’s huts along the way. After three hours you should reach Base Camp at the elevation of 4500m this is where one can look into the Annapurna Sanctuary and the panorama view is spectacular looking at south face of Annapurna and all of the peaks in the Sanctuary as well as Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail). We come back to High camp for lunch then retrace back to Middle Camp or Low Camp.
- 05Trek to Siding village (1,750m) -6 hours walking. On the way back we take a different route so completing a circuit, from Low Camp there is a trail that goes down to Siding village rather than going back down Mardi Himal back to Kokar. Siding is a traditional Nepalese village and still very much away from the busier modern tourist treks and it is likely you will stay at a homestay in Siding owned by the person who runs one of the lodges at Low Camp. It is a wonderful cultural experience finding out more about village life and you will probably eat dhal baht in the evening with the family in their kitchen.
- 06Trek to Lumre and drive to Pokhara- 3 hours walking and 2 hours driving. From Siding you walk out to the road head at Lumre, on the way from Siding you will pass the villages of Kalimati and Ghalel. Kalimati is mainly a Brahmin village with Ghalel and Siding mixed Brahmin and Gurung. At Lumre you will meet jeep organised by your guide in advance to drive you back to Pokhara.
- An experienced friendly local licensed trekking guide for the trekking.
- An assistant guide to take care of group and porters if the group size is more than 6 pax.
- Meal (5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 5 Dinners) during the trek.
- Sharing twin/double bed room in tea house lodges during trek.
- Accommodation, food, salary, equipment for your guide and porters.
- Pokhara – Kande transfers by private car / cab or van depending on group size.
- Transfer to hotel in Pokhara after trek by local sharing jeep / cab.
- Necessary insurance for your guide.
- All necessary trekking permits Mardi Himal trek.
- All applicable local tax, vat and office service charge.
- Airport shuttles, accommodation and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Guided sightseeing and monuments fees in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills, beverages such as coke, fanta, sprite and mineral water.
- Travel insurance, Nepal Tourist Visa fees, Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Personal Trekking Equipments and rescue operation in case of emergency.
- Any expenses which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political trouble, and strikes etc.
- Laundry, phone calls, internet, heater charge. Porter if required (it cost USD 18 per day)
- Tips for guide, porters. (Tipping is not mandatory and it is your intuition but expected by trekking crew.
Trekking to Mardi Himal season (when to do Trek ? ?)
Mid Sept-October – November is Autumn Season: this is Nepal's pinnacle and best an ideal opportunity to go trekking. Walk – May is the subsequent best period of year to go trekking. December – January - February: the skies are clear however it can get freezing and there is a danger of passes being shut because of snow fall.
May - June: This is Nepal's hot pre-storm season and it can get warm for sure. The valleys anyway are beginning to sprout with blossoms however green leaves come up, still a decent an ideal opportunity to trek.
June - Mid September: this is Monsoon season and the least well known opportunity to go trekking in Nepal. The danger of parasites, storms increments significantly. Because of the early forested regions leeches during this season in Mardi Himal are very dynamic! Wear long trekking pants took care of during this season. What's more, siphon/mosquito repellent splash is prescribed to convey with.
Arriving and away
Like a large portion of the Annapurna treks aside from Annapurna Circuit, Mardi Himal Trek additionally starts and finishes in Pokhara - second greatest city and normally honored spot to unwind after the enormous climbs in Annapurna. It is 200km to west from Kathmandu. Every single household carrier run a few flights day by day from Kathmandu which cost USD 120 - 125.00 per individual. What's more, around 7-8 hours drive by traveler transport (Cost USD 15 -25). Nearby transports leave each one hour from Kathmandu till 3pm. Green Line Busses (USD 25.00 per individual) and other visitor transports experience each morning at 7:00AM. A private vehicle can be orchestrated in the event that you inquire. Experience International can arrange and handles everything on your solicitation.